Monday, July 13, 2009

The Reforms - News Media

Adyatmika Ratna, Vedanta Visarada, Sri Yaaga Vidya Praveena
Dr P V Sesha Sai Aswamedhayaaji
1-9-52/F/3, MCH No 2859, Road No 19, Ramnagar, HYDERABAD 500020
www.ashwamedhayaagam.org emails shodasisai@gmail.com
Phones 91-40-27661613 (Tele-fax), 65581368 Cell 9440422613
13th March 2007


THE REFORMS I EXPECT IN INDIA-THE NEXT GENERATION- (BOOK ADDL PAGE)
NEED OF THE HOUR FOR CONSTRUCTIVE NEWS IN MEDIA

Today I am forced to compose this page as an additional page for the book which is being written by me in the name of “The Reforms I expect in India – The Next Generation”. This is just because I saw a news items just now, in one of the popular local language papers of Hyderabad which has incidentally highlighted Aswamedhayaagam which is taking place some where in Jaipur in Rajastan. I really felt for sometime as to why the same local news paper could not high light the same activity “Sri Aswamedhayaagam” which took place just a few kilometers from the main office of the paper when I took all pains to perform the same in the month of December 2005 inviting great rishis. But then, my agony is that the MEDIA could not make even Local Hyderabadis to know better about the Yaagam in December 2005 and now an activity which is taking place somewhere in Jaipur is highlighted in the local language. I appreciate surely the publication of the news items today since constructive activities are much needed to be brought to the notice of the public than news concerning momentary pleasures and cheap incidents which has absolutely no relevance to constructive path of human life.

INTERESTING IT IS- But again, an activity of National Pride – honoring a scholar in the name of MAHAA KAVI KALIDAAS with Mahaa Kavi Kaalidaas Gnana Ratna Award, took place in Hyderabad when the Hon ‘ble Home Minister of the AP Government Shri K Jana Reddy presided over it on my invitation. This should have been a National Level Event at least after noticing the news when an idol of Mahaa Kavi Kaalidaas was installed in the Capital of China. I really shed tears on the day when I read the news of installation of an idol in China and felt sorry as to why we could not honor Great Poet of this land when neighboring country preferred doing the same.

I am a small man but within my limitation I requested the Hon’ble Home Minister and a group of persons unanimously selected Shri Pullela Sri Rama Chandrudu to receive this great honor. The award function took place on 8th December 2006 in Hyderabad. The entire expenses for the award or for the function were borne by me personally.

I had sent a fax to almost all news papers requesting for publication of the news as a news item so that there would be a good gathering in appreciation of the activity. Excepting one or two small news papers, media did not come forward to publish the news prior to or after the honor to make public know about the importance of the Award or Great Poet. I had a practical problem to convince the media about the importance of the event. A few attended who could be contacted by me personally, but then the public remained unaware of the program. And a Great Event was concluded with a meager attendance. Is the Media thought the resultant attendance fair and reasonable – I have to leave this question for the self analysis of the Media and Media People only. Had the Hon’ble Home Minister been not present, probably one or two small news papers which have published this event, might preferred to skip this news and this is what is going on – don’t we agree?.

I really do not understand as to why the MEDIA fail to give weightage to such events of National Importance. Is it on account that the program arranged by an Ardhrite? Or is it because it is arranged by an ORDINARY Citizen who has no political affiliation etc? Or is it for any other reason beyond description on this paper? A small incident would have been given more importance than information relating to a constructive activity of National Pride – where are we and where do we and the Media stands?
.
I have no other option than to leave the answers to the judgment of the readers. The fact remains – I shed tears and I am shedding tears as to why we fail to construct a Healthy Nation and a healthier Citizen who remains helpful in the Nation building activities.
Painfully yours
HARA HARA MAHADEVA DR P V SESHA SAI ASWAMEDHAYAAJI

No comments:

Post a Comment